Information for expats
Are you currently (or planning to be) employed in the Netherlands and are you considering to buy a house in the Netherlands?
De Hypotheker can inform you about the possibilities and guide you through the process of getting a mortgage. Read more about it below.
Buying a house in the Netherlands as an expat comes with quite some rules and regulations. Depending on where you are from, you are eligible to buy a house in the following situations:
- You have a permanent residence permit.
- You are from a European country, have lived in the Netherlands for over six months en and have a permanent employment contract or letter of intent from your employer.
- You are from a non-European country, but are recognized as a highly skilled migrant by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service. As a highly skilled (knowledge) migrant you apply to the same regulations as a European expat.
If you are looking for a house to buy, it is important to gather some information first:
- What are the current mortgage rates? We have created a list with the current rates from all the mortgage lenders in the Netherlands. The rates are updated each day.
- Before looking for houses, it is important to know what you can afford. You can use our handy tool for that. Fill in your income data and we will do the math.
- If the time has come to look at houses, you can visit the Funda website. Most of the houses that are for sale can be found here.
About De Hypotheker
The advice supplied by De Hypotheker is totally independent. We believe that quality, reliability and service are essential. We are happy to advise our clients through the tricky array of options available to them.
Over the last 30 years, De Hypotheker has grown to become the biggest independent mortgage consultancy service in the Netherlands. Sinds 1985 we have been able to help more than one million clients to find a suitable mortgages. With around 170 locations, there is always a De Hypotheker office in your area.
If you visit De Hypotheker, your first appointment is always free of charge. This is an intake conversation where we find out everything about your situation en we tell you what steps have to be taken to realize your plans. If you decide to continue with our services, the advisor will inform you about the costs that come with it. You can expect the costs to be between € 2.500 and € 3.500, depending on your situation.